Rhino today announced the reissue of Madonna’s first four iconic albums – three studio and one soundtrack – on crystal clear vinyl on November 8.
Madonna’s seminal, self-titled 1983 album is certified five-times platinum and sold over 10 million copies worldwide, captivating audiences with Top 10 hits including “Holiday”, “Lucky Star” and “Borderline”.
Madonna cemented her status as a cultural icon a year later with her follow-up release, Like a Virgin. Produced by Nile Rodgers, the record was her first to top the U.S. albums chart, its title track becoming her first #1 single. Certified diamond, Like a Virgin sold over 21 million copies worldwide. The record features hits including “Dress You Up”, “Angel” and “Material Girl”.
In 1986, Madonna co-wrote and co-produced True Blue, which topped global album charts in 28 countries and the U.S. The critically acclaimed release has sold more than 25 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling albums in history. All five of its singles reached the Billboard Top Five, including three #1’s – “Live To Tell”, “Papa Don’t Preach” and “Open Your Heart.”
Madonna next starred in the film Who’s That Girl and recorded four songs for its soundtrack. Released in 1987, Who’s That Girl: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack has sold more than six million copies internationally thanks in part to its chart-topping title track and “Causing A Commotion”.
1. "Who's That Girl" (performed by Madonna)
2. "Causing a Commotion" (performed by Madonna)
3. "The Look of Love" (performed by Madonna)
4. "24 Hours" (performed by Duncan Faure)
5. "Step by Step" (performed by Club Nouveau)
6. "Turn It Up" (performed by Michael Davidson)
7. "Best Thing Ever" (performed by Scritti Politti)
8. "Can't Stop" (performed by Madonna)
9. "El Coco Loco (So So Bad)" (performed by Coati Mundi)